9.24.2008

And her name is...

Tova Lisa Name.jpg

Tova - Hebrew for "good"
"Fashionably swift and petite, Tova also has a gentle graciousness. You can picture a Tova zipping masterfully down a ski slope, then baking brownies afterward. The name has both Norse and Hebrew origins for a global sound." - Baby Name Wizard

Lise - German "God is my oath"
"The international form of Lisa is disarmingly simple and uncommon. It gives you a fresh sound with traditional roots. The exact pronunciation is up to you: Leeze is the most standard, but you'll also hear LEESE, Leesa, and Leeza." - Baby Name Wizard
Her name will be pronounced "Leese"

Tova Lise Buckmaster

Horray for Tova!

12 comments:

  1. That's really cute! I love it. You guys really did your research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful name!
    Love,
    momt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! what happened to keeping it a secret, haha!! I love, love, love it! Especially the fact that it is unique! Hooray for Tova Lise!!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. its an interesting name...we'll have to see how it fits with the baby when shes born good luck.!!! Also a question, how far along in your pregnancy are you.?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok sorry, and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. sort of, david doesn't reall know me, but kallie should know me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know her name, it makes her little personhood very real! Can't wait to meet Tova Lise. I like the Lise, there were a lot of German girls with that name when I was there and I thought it was really pretty. Will you call her Tova or Tova Lise?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name, she should be VERY satisfied with that wonderful name you picked out for her.!! good luck with everything and keep everyone up to date (just like you have been)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Kallie! I decided to check your blog after being on your Facebook page. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name! You know, of course that I love the Lise part (hence my child is named Annalise), and how appropriate that I read it today, on the first day of Rosh Hashanah! Shana Tova!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails